Our response to Covid-19
As the pandemic continues to impact our lives, our world and our communities, the Jaybird Senior Living team is taking proactive and diligent steps to ensure the overall well-being of our residents and families, our team members and all visitors. We are committed to following the CDC, state and local health department guidelines and will take necessary steps to adjust to changing protocols and mandates. Meanwhile, we ask for your cooperation in abiding by our visitation guidelines to help keep our community free of Covid-19. Together we can work on meeting the emotional and physical needs of our residents while ensuring a safe environment for all. Thank you for your understanding.
To minimize possible exposure to COVID-19:
- All visitors are to be screened and complete the COVID Screening Checklist, have temperature taken to ensure below 99.5 degrees and meet the criteria per local health department, state and CDC guidelines before being permitted inside the community for visits. Rapid read antigen testing is offered to visiting families.
- Visitations are only permitted in designated visitation area or in states where apartment visitation is permitted by regulation. Our community is not fully ‘open’ yet, so refrain from going to the dining room, commons areas, staff offices or other areas of the community.
- Residents and visitors are always required to wear surgical face masks and observe a minimum of 6 feet social distancing during the visit period, including in the apartment and the designated visitation area. If necessary, please remind the resident to utilize and properly wear their mask.
- All team members are required to be screened upon every shift, while wearing surgical face masks and following proper hand hygiene protocols. Mandatory testing of all team members with a rapid read antigen is completed every two weeks, unless the community is in RED zone and testing is completed weekly.
- Jaybird has partnered with Ecolab for enhanced infection control procedures. our infection control protocols. Our safety and health practices have been and will continue to be independently audited by EcoSure, an Ecolab Division, a safety and public health expert, to help ensure we adhere to the highest standards in these areas. Our team receives in-person training and individualized coaching from EcoSure experts, as well as critical food safety and public health best practices during the audit